Lemon Matcha Muffins
These matcha muffins are a favourite in our family! They have a beautiful taste of matcha, complimented perfectly with the juice and zest of lemon!
|240g plain flour||1tbsp baking powder|
|½ tsp salt||1tsp Hempress Pure Matcha|
|180ml almond milk||100g sugar|
|2tsp Vanilla extract||1 egg|
|Juice of 1 lemon||1tsp lemon zest|
|250g butter||500g icing sugar|
|1tsp Hempress Pure Matcha||½tsp lemon zest|
- Set your oven temperature to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Prepare your muffin trays by adding muffin cases.
- For the muffins, place the plain flour, baking powder, matcha, salt and sugar into a large bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, vanilla, egg, lemon juice and zest.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Do not over stir this mix as it will give the buns a tough consistency.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into the muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly coloured on top and baked though.
- To make the icing use an electric whisk to beat the butter making sure it is nice and smooth. Slowly add the icing sugar, matcha and lemon zest and beat together for 2 minutes until you start to get a lighter and smoother consistency.
- Once the muffins are baked, remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely before adding the icing.